Vishwakarma Yojana is not for everyone, there are some eligibility criteria to participate in it, and only those who fit in these criteria can take advantage of Vishwakarma Yojana. The complete details about what are the eligibility criteria for Vishwakarma Yojana are given below.
Vishwakarma Yojana Eligibility Criteria
In this section, we’ll learn about who can apply for the Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana and the eligibility criteria for it. Before you decide to apply and make use of this scheme, it’s important to understand which types of artisans and craftsmen are eligible to avail loans at reasonable interest rates through this Scheme.
The eligibility criteria for Vishwakarma Yojana are as follows-
- Any worker or artisan working in the unorganized sector on the basis of self-employment with the help of work tools and their hands or working in 18 family-based traditional businesses given in the scheme will be considered eligible for Vishwakarma Yojana.
- Only a person who is 18 years of age or above 18 years can apply for the scheme.
- Any person who wants to avail the benefits of this scheme should be engaged in the relevant business on the date of registration and should not already be a beneficiary of schemes like PMEGP, PM Swanidhi, and Mudra more than 5 years from today.
- Only one member of a family can avail the benefit of PM Vishwakarma Yojana. This includes husband, wife, and unmarried children living in the family.
- A person employed in any government service (Central/State) and the family members of that person cannot avail of the benefits of this scheme. This includes the husband and wife and their unmarried children living in the family.
|Wood Based||Carpenter (Suthar)|
|Hammer and Tool Kit Maker|
|Sculptor (Moortikar, stone carver)|
|Gold/Silver Based||Goldsmith (Sunar)|
|Clay Based||Potter (Kumhaar)|
|Leather Based||Cobbler (Charmakar)/|
|Shoesmith/ Footwear Artisan|
|Architecture/ Construction||Mason (Raajmistri)|
|Others||Basket/ Mat/ Broom Maker/ Coir Weaver|
|Doll & Toy Maker (Traditional)|
|Garland Maker (Malakaar)|
|Fishing Net Maker|
This scheme is only for 140 castes that come under the Vishwakarma community, the castes coming in the Vishwakarma community are as follows –
- Carpenter (Suthar)
- Boat Maker
- Blacksmith (Lohar)
- Hammer and Tool Kit Maker
- Goldsmith (Sonar)
- Potter (Kumhaar)
- Sculptor (Moortikar, stone carver)
- Stone breaker
- Cobbler (Charmkar)/Shoesmith/Footwear artisan
- Mason (Rajmistri)
- Basket/Mat/Broom Maker/Coir Weaver
- Doll and Toy Maker (Traditional)
- Barber (Naai)
- Garland maker (Malakaar)
- Washerman (Dhobi)
- Tailor (Darzi)
- Fishing Net Maker
- There isn’t a specified age restriction for applying to the scheme.
So keeping in mind the total things, if we talk about Vishwakarma Yojana Eligibility Criteria, then first of all you need to be a citizen of India, only then you can join this scheme and secondly, you should be from the Vishwakarma community.
Please note – Official information about Vishwakarma Yojana Eligibility Criteria has not yet been given by the government, concrete information about it will be available only after the launch of the scheme.